Challenging Words In The Article The Hindu | 11 June 2018
1. TURMOIL (NOUN): (शोरगुल): uncertainty
Synonyms: turbulence, ferment
Antonyms: contentment, tranquility
Example Sentence: There was widespread turmoil in the city.
2. RIFT (NOUN): (दोष): a flaw, fault
Synonyms: breach, fissure
Antonyms: closure, agreement
Example Sentence: It is a great misfortune that an internal rift has moved inexorably towards a full- blown crisis.
3. INEXORABLY (ADVERB): (क्रूरता या कठोरता से): in a way that is impossible to stop or prevent
Synonyms: ferociously, atrociously
Antonyms: gently, humanely
Example Sentence: The public is enraged by the inexorable rise in petroleum prices.
4. DISSENSION (NOUN): (मतभेद): disagreement that leads to discord
Synonyms: controversy, friction
Antonyms: harmony, conformity
Example Sentence: The SC has exposed an unprecedented level of dissension.
5. FERMENT (VERB): (उत्तेजित करना): agitation and excitement among a group of people
Synonyms: frenzy, storm
Antonyms: calm, peace
Example Sentence: The highest court was in a state of ferment.
6. OMINOUS (ADJECTIVE): (अमंगल): giving the worrying impression
Synonyms: apocalyptic, baleful
Antonyms: bright, hopeful
Example Sentence: A suggestion that is being read by some as an ominous reference to an unknown external hand.
7. DELINEATE (VERB): (रूपरेखा प्रस्तुत करना): describe precisely
Synonyms: define, limn
Antonyms: confuse, distort
Example Sentence: The judge delineated the composition of the bench to hear the case.
8. POSTERITY (NOUN): (भावी पीढ़ी): all future generation of people
Synonyms: progeny, lineage
Antonyms: parent, past
Example Sentence: This incident is regarded by posterity as an aberration rather than a precedent.
9. INTROSPECTION (NOUN):(अंतददशदन): the examination of one’s own mental processes.
Synonyms: contemplation, reflection
Antonyms: ignorance, disregard
Example Sentence: It is a moment for collective introspection.
10. CONVENE (VERB): (बुलाना): bring together for a meeting
Synonyms: assemble, congregate
Antonyms: disperse, separate
Example Sentence: The Chief Justice must convene a meeting of the full court.
Like our Facebook page: https://fb.com/padhobeta.2017
Join Our telegram Channel:
https://t.me/sscPadho for SSC
Follow On Twitter: https://twitter.com/Padhobeta_
daily vocabulary, Vocab The Hindu, word meaning from the Hindu, word meaning the Hindu with antonym and synonym, daily vocabulary, Vocab The Hindu, word meaning from the Hindu, word meaning the Hindu with antonym and synonym, daily vocabulary, Vocab The Hindu, word meaning from the Hindu, word meaning the Hindu with antonym and synonym, daily vocabulary, Vocab The Hindu, word meaning from the Hindu, word meaning the Hindu with antonym and synonym,